Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pretty in Pink

I'm addicted to yarn. Truly. I could spend hours in a craft shop just looking at all the different colours, and fibers and various grades of softness and thickness. The only thing better than a store that sells yarn is a bookstore. I could pack a lunch and camp out.

However addicted I am to yarn, I am VERY good at only buying for specific projects. And I'm pretty good at not starting a new project without completing the current piece. So I had just finished a crochet vest for Rebecca to try to use up some alapaca yarn (I heart alapaca!) I had left over from a sweater I knit Rebecca this winter. And my fingers were itching. It's Easter vacation and one must make a little time for the finer things in life, like sipping on a good cup of coffee while sitting in my comfy corner of the couch and knitting the evening away. So I had bought 3 skeins of Sandnes Duo yarn in a gorgeous powdery pink. Without having a project in mind!! Unheard of. So I could not rest until I found the perfect little piece to make. So I turned to my favourite website, Drops. This place is brilliant. All kinds of free patterns in both knit and crochet and really great tutorial videos. If you're a knitter, or even a wannabe knitter, you should definitely check this place out. I've spent many an hour browsing. And they have the patterns in all kinds of languages which is great for me since I prefer to "knit in Norwegian".  Anyway, I found the perfect little project for my pretty pink Duo yarn.



I think it's sooo cute and perfect for spring. Ahhhhh! It's a satisfactory feeling to match a yarn to the perfect pattern. So, fingers itching as they were, I've already begun. 




Rebecca's says, "That's the best colour!"  You can never go wrong with pink. At least not in this house of 3 princesses. 


3 comments:

  1. I love the shade and the little sweater. I can't wait to see the finished product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg misunner deg sterkt dine strikkeferdigheter kjære Alicia :-)))
    Så utrolig søt den lille jakka var.
    Å fargen...min favoritt å !

    Riktig god påske til!
    Klem fra Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim! I'll be sure to post a pic when it's finished....if it turns out ok. ;)

    Takk, Hilde! Du er snill! :D God påske til deg og dine også!

    ReplyDelete