Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cute as a Button.

The pretty pink sweater is done!! Not a surprise actually since once I get started on something it's pretty hard to put it down. But we've had a really busy and very enjoyable Easter which didn't leave a lot of time for knitting. Still managed to sneak in a few hours here and there. And when it was all done, I needed 5 buttons. I love buttons!! Really, I do! They're just so....cute! And I found the perfect buttons for Rebecca's sweater today in Lyngdal. Finding the perfect buttons is just about as satisfying as finding the perfect pattern.




And she likes it too.




Personally, I think she's cute as a button!! 

Also noteworthy today is Rebecca's eye patch. She's far sighted and her right eye turns in sometimes to help her focus on something close to her face. It's improved since getting her glasses but it's still turning in a bit. So eye dr said today she'd like to try patching the good eye for 3 hours a day for 6 weeks. Groan. Rebecca hates it. So do I. But we're going to do our best. 

I asked Rebecca if I could take a picture of her with the patch. She said yes but that she was not going to smile. I totally get it. So here's Rebecca with eye patch not smiling. 



Still cute as a button though. 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love buttons as well. My grandmother always had this old tin box full of buttons from this or that and it was one of my favorite things to do. Play in the button box.
    My mom has it now and all my nieces have followed in the tradition of playing in the old button box. :)
    I can't believe how much older the girls look. Kids change so much between 4-14. Almost hourly.
    Enjoyable blog as usual Alicia! Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Alicia! Rebecca is really cute as a button! Caleb also had this eye problem and he did the eye-patch thing and he's good now. Tell her it really will work! Poor thing... I feel for her though. Those little red lips and cute cheeks and lovely eyes... I just want to hug and squeeze her! Big kisses from cousin Crystal! Oh.. and the sweater is just darling too! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, after I was done posting this I decided to start a button collection with the girls. I remember being fascinated with buttons as a kid and I guess I never outgrew it. And I agree about them changing hourly!! Hehe!

    Crystal, good to hear that someone else has gone through this and it turned out well. And yup, she's a cutie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Alisha - I don't sew, knit or collect buttons but I am so enjoying your blog!! I am living vocariously through you.. Please keep those stories and pictures coming. It is so nice to see your side of the world and you seem like such a great mom. By the way, she looks adorable with her patch on! My brother had to wear one also when he was about her age and his eye is fine now. Keep up the good work!!! Brenda. M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brenda! I've had a lot of people tell me that the eye patch really works so we're doing our best. I'll be glad when the 6 weeks are over. Glad you like my stories! :D

    ReplyDelete