Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sideboard

Work continues and there's really not much to report this week. The back breaking work in the basement is nearly finished. I've been told that there's only a corner left. I actually haven't been to the house all week. BUT I have been working behind the scenes. Well, it's hardly work since it's so much fun! I've been to several places poring over wallpaper. It was love at first sight when I saw this wallpaper a while ago.


I have to have it for Rebecca's room. It's almost as cute as she is! Her room is on the 2nd floor of the new addition. And now the other two girls really want some wallpaper in their rooms too. I had planned on just keeping the original wood paneling that's in all the bedrooms. But we ended up taking out some walls to put in new wiring etc. Which means each of the rooms need a new wall so I told the girls they could pick out a wallpaper for that wall. They were soooo excited! So I've been poring over wallpaper samples. Not a hard job since I love wallpaper!

Madelen currently has her heart set on this one from Borge:



And it's got birds on it!! I love birds. So sweet. And it's pink so perfect for my little girl.

We haven't quite got one narrowed down for Emilie yet. She's very fond of blue. But I think I need to take her with me on a few trips so she can pick one. It's months yet until we're ready for wallpaper but it's good to be prepared. *wink*

And I'm still unsure about the kitchen. Here are the two that are currently in the running.




The first one is a little bold. And the second is maybe not "kitcheny" enough?? I've kind of had my heart set on some blue in the kitchen since the rest of the house will be quite neutral. But maybe I should just continue with the neutrals?? Maybe just painted wood paneling like the living room? Well, good thing I don't have to make up my mind tomorrow.

I also bought an antique sideboard this week. So poor Sindre had to devote Friday afternoon to driving us out to pick it up. I adore sideboards but have never had room for one. I've got the perfect spot for it and I can't wait to see it in it's place. 



I think it's gorgeous. The woman I bought it from stained it this dark colour but it's a little too dark for me. I was thinking I'd paint it white but.....maybe something a little more original??

Like this colour?



What do you think??










11 comments:

  1. I love that your girls like birds! As you know...I may or may not have a little obsession with taking pictures of them. haha
    I love the wallpaper. I'm glad you are making the choices for your kitchen. When I was choosing paint shades I found I had to go with my immediate first impression or I would start to stare at them too much and get overwhelmed. :)
    The sideboard is full of character. What does the key open? I was hoping for a big reveal at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I figured you'd like my birds Kim! The key opens the cupboard doors. Nothing too exciting. A cupboard on each side and one in the middle that open downward with 2 small drawers on the inside. Didn't think about opening it up!

      Delete
  2. Re: the kitchen wallpaper...I like the second one best. Reason: I have always loved the look of Delft and also Blue Willow. Just an opinion. Go with your heart!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand why you like the second one. I love it too. I love Blue Willow and I've been trying to increase my collection of blue transferware before we move. I have never heard of Delft so I googled it. Sooooo pretty!

      Delete
  3. Utrolig nydelig antikk!! Hadde vært nydelig i en lys blåturkis, ja!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk Christina! Jeg tror det blir hvit men det kan forandre seg etter vi har flyttet inn og sett åssen det blir. ;)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the sideboard! So great! You know, I thought you might say you want to paint it white, but I love the color you have shown there too! :)
    Cute wallpapers for the girls' rooms too. Can't wait to see what Emilie chooses...get shopping Emilie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I have an obsession for painting things white. *sheepish grin*

      Delete
  5. *Gasp* Fell in love with your sideboard! What a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely thought it was too pretty to pass up!

      Delete