Friday, October 12, 2012

Apple Pie!

I've been wanting some apple pie. There's something about the smell of apples in the fall! Delicious! Thus, comes the craving for apple pie. So, Rebecca and I made some this afternoon. I peeled apples, and Rebecca nibbled on the cores and peelings. And she did a good job of rolling out the pie crust and putting the apple filling in the pie crust. When we were done, I asked Rebecca what she wanted for lunch before we had our pie. She said, "Do I absolutely have to? Can't we have pie for lunch?" And, really, that's all I wanted too. So that's what we had.






I found these adorable tea light holders at Ikea when we were in the city last week. I think they're so sweet!




I found the recipe for the pie HERE. I made my own pie crust. I also added about 3 tablespoons of flour because I was afraid it would be too runny. I also halved the sugar cause I like my apple pie to taste like apples....and because the apples I used weren't overly tart either. I thought it turned out just right! Not bad for a Friday afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. When my mom made apple pie I always ate the peelings as well. I had forgotten about that. Your pie looks delicious and "magazine fancy"! Your tealight holders would also be sweet dishes for pickles/cranberry sauce etc. when setting a pretty table. I love them.
    I, too, like my apple recipes to still taste like apple. Kevin is horrified at my lack of sugar in my homemade applesauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Kim, they'd look really cute on a nice table with cranberry sauce or even with jam when we make waffles. Yum!! I think Kevin and Sindre would get along just fine. Sindre actually doesn't liked cooked apples at all. So I usually only make butterscotch or blueberry pie. But I gave in to my craving for apple today. :D

      Delete
  2. Yum! I'll be right over for some pie and coffee! Wow, suddenly I miss our coffee-time we had together this past summer. *sigh*

    Hmmm... this might be something I get Malachi to try to make, since he's doing all the cooking here lately (hehe).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss our coffee time too!! I was just thinking of that the other day. Good times! Wish we could do it more often.

      Delete
  3. I was thinking while reading and looking at the pics that you could have your own magazine. Then I read Kim's comment...ah..great minds and all that. Haha! I am excited everytime I see you have added a new update.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete