Saturday, November 24, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White....Kitchen.

I've done my duty for today. I've painted a numberless amount of window trims in the freezing, see-your-breath cold of my very airy house. Then I made lunch for the guys, cleaned it all up, put on a load of laundry, picked up Madelen at a friend's house and now, now, I'm going to relax for a bit. So I'm sitting in the sofa with my girlies, a cup of coffee and my lap top. The girls are watching "The Neverending Story" for the umpteenth time. And I thought to myself, why not write a blog post! So here I am.

The carpenters were at the house for a few hours on Friday and put up a few rows of siding. It's going to look so nice! And the bottom trim of the siding looks really great. Thanks to my great paint job. *pats self on back* The guys are almost done everything for the concrete to be poured on Monday. When I left the house, Sindre was just starting to put down the in-floor wiring for the new part of the basement.

This is the new part of the basement before they leveled it and put on the styrofoam, plastic, steel reinforcement and wiring.



But I thought that today, I'd talk about some other house related stuff.

We've decided on what kitchen we're going to have. It's from Ikea, naturally. We have an Ikea kitchen in our current house and we've really liked it. You get a lot of kitchen for a reasonable price. So.....the decision came down to..... *drum roll*..... Lidingø. Which is this pretty white kitchen.





The plan is to have these lovely cabinets, a solid oak counter top, and either wallpaper or paneling behind the counters except where the stove will be. There we'll have white subway tiles. The back wall of the kitchen where the table will be I think I'm going to have this wallpaper.


And I'm so excited about my farmhouse sink!

And this lamp for over the sink.


As you can see, I've already given the kitchen a lot of thought. It's the room I'm most excited about.

 Emilie and I have been out looking for wallpaper for her room. She found one she liked but it was mostly purple and she was really wanting blue. And then I came across a wallpaper series called Pip by Eijffinger. It's very pretty and feminine. Emilie will be 10 in a few months so I'm hoping it will grow with her into her teenage years. She hasn't narrowed it down yet because there's so many she likes. But here are a few that she's looking at. 






Sindre leaves on Monday for 10 days. So we won't be doing anything at the house but the carpenters will be there doing the siding and windows so there should be a big change by the time he gets back. And I'll be holding down the fort here with our 3 girls. 



6 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the white kitchen - it will be beautiful...sigh...I love all the wallpaper, but my favourite is the one with the bird cage and bird- very whimsical looking I think. You should rest a bit while Sindre is away, you've got so much on your plate! I was thinking after reading this blog that you both must fall into bed exhausted, but I'm sure you have a great sleep!
    Have a good day with your girls.
    Love, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda! My only plan for while Sindre is away is to keep things together at home. I'm sure that will be work enough. And yes! We sleep well at night as long as we can get our minds off the house.

    I really like the birdcage wallpaper too. We'll see what she picks! Have a good day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen will be beautiful! I love the drawer pulls in the first picture. I think they are called library pulls. I looked at them for my kitchen.
    The wallpaper Emilie is deciding between are all sweet. I'm torn between the first one and the birdcage one. All of them are lovely though.
    I can't wait to see the next phases of the house as it changes. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had completely decided to get library pulls but now I'm not sure. The ones at Ikea are just too bright and shiny. Sindre wants black pulls but I don't. So we'll see! Lol!

      Delete
  4. Very exciting! With Sindre away, you'll be very busy, I'm sure. Remember, the first few days he's away will be the worst... get through those, and you'll probably settle into a routine.
    Your white kitchen will be very pretty! And Emilie's bedroom wallpaper choices look promising! Hannah loves blue too... instead of birds, she'd have horses, LOL! And I guess I'm with Kim... it's a toss up between the first and third designs. Can't wait to see what she decides. I'm sure her bedroom will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! Sindre is all packed and ready to go. I've got 2 really busy days with work so hopefully they will go fast. If I don't get overwhelmed those first days, I think I'll be good to go! ;)

      Delete