Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Can you hear it?

I've been a little scarce this week. But I blame it on the weather! We've had absolutely gorgeous summer weather for almost a week. And since we only got one week of summer weather last summer, and had a crappy summer the year before that, you learn to thoroughly enjoy and use every second of nice weather you get. So we've been outside for days!! The grill has had it's baptism by fire this year. Literally...it caught on fire the other day. Don't worry, we've got it all fixed up now though. We put the pool out, have had the sprinkler running, weeded the flower beds, washed the car, went to a BBQ party, ate too much ice cream and even went to the beach.




 And believe it or not, the TV has hardly been on for days!! It's been glorious. It was also a long weekend so it couldn't have come at a better time. Ahhhh!! Can you hear the sun soaking into my soul from there?? Cause it's loud and clear here. ;)

I do have a few little projects on the go though. I found some very pretty cotton yarn on sale the other day. It was such pretty, summer colours that I couldn't leave the store without it.



And who can resist a good sale, I ask. So I've been crocheting some summer dishcloths from this lovely, free pattern I found online. Our girls' group (called "forening") had our last get together before the summer break last night. We decided to play BINGO for fun and each of us brought a little prize for the winners. I brought 3 of the dishcloths, one in each colour. I didn't win a thing. I guess I need to work on my bingo skills.  So  now I'm working on some dishcloths for myself.




We also have started working on the stair/foyer makeover. My absolutely awesome husband closed in my stairs for me. And I'm sooooo happy. No more dirt and dust collecting under there anymore.

  I know the picture is sideways. I have it saved the right way on my computer but for some reason when I upload it to my blog it reverts back. Dunno.

Today I'm starting the sanding and I'll hopefully get to some wood filling at some point this week. The stairs are in really good shape seeing they're only 7 years old but there are a few nicks and dings I want to fix before we paint. I want to paint it with a high gloss, white paint. This makeover is going to take some time. We're just doing it a little at a time when we have the money and the energy.

Other exciting news this week....I think I'm getting a new piano!!! Not new new but new to me new. It's a black Yamaha about 20 years old. My current piano has pretty much come to the end of it's life, may it rest in peace. We're going go take a look at the Yamaha tomorrow so wish me luck!!


3 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to wake up to this morning...your newest blog entry. :)
    We have had some beautiful summer weather here as well. On Saturday I spent the better part of it outside planting all my containers with flowers for the season. Sigh. Pure joy can sometimes smell like fresh potting soil. :)
    The colours of yarn you chose just scream summer! Do you ever crochet shrugs or things for the girls? I know you knit lovely items.
    Can't wait to see the progression of the foyer! I'm sure you'll keep us up to date?? heehee
    And how exciting about the piano! I still remember when mine came home...22 yrs ago...from a cousin's basement...suffering from neglect. It needed me. I'm sure of it.
    You'll have to post pictures when it arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the weather!!! :)

    I love the colors of the yarn!!! I sliced part of my finger off last week and havent attempted to knit or rug hook yet...

    time will tell..

    :)

    but its funny how i love to knit in the summer... my mom alway teased me it is a winter thing to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, love the summer! Kim, yes I have been known to crochet stuff for the girls. I'll have to post some pics. Progression pictures of the stairs will be coming too. Deb, I know, they're great colours. Makes my fingers itchy to create. I knit/crochet all year long. But less in the summer cause I'm usually reading more. Hope your finger is healing well!

    ReplyDelete