Saturday, March 17, 2012

Emilie's Birthday

I was painting some trims the other day and my mind wandered to all the blogs I've been reading lately. Which lead me to thinking about having my own blog. What would I call it, what would I talk about, why should I? So I decided it would be a great way for my family and friends back at home to get a glimpse of everyday life (at least MY everyday life) here in Norway. And it sounds like a fun hobby. So I'm jumping in feet first and we'll see how it goes! This is definitely a learn-as-I-go endeavor. Gulp! I'm a little nervous...hehe!

So today is our oldest daughter Emilie's 9th birthday. We had a family party yesterday that she shared with her 2nd cousin Adrian. All the family showed up, we ate (too much), opened some gifts, sang some songs, and went to bed exhausted and happy. And started round two this morning. Emilie had all her girlfriends here for a CUPCAKE party. We started off with each girl making their own pizza, music (of course), play, and, the highlight of the party, decorating cupcakes. I think all the girls really had fun! The cupcake decorating seemed like a big hit. We had planned on doing a treasure hunt for their treat bags at the end of the party. But they were so absorbed in their cupcake decorating, we just let them be and handed out the bags before they left. Now the mess is cleaned and we're taking a very appreciated break before we head out to visit friends Arne and Benedicte over at Ida and Tore's house. I hope they don't mind if a few (or more) cupcakes come along. 


I found the free printable cupcake toppers at http://printable.tipjunkie.com/owl-party/ if anyone is interested. I'd never tried cupcake toppers before and wasn't sure the girls would want anything inedible on their cupcakes but they were popular and the owl is super cute!

And last, but certainly not least, here is our sweet, bright, and fun loving Emilie Joy!


5 comments:

  1. Yeay!!!!
    Velkommen inn i blogglandia søta!
    Dette var artig altså :-)))
    Gleder meg til å følge med her det er sikkert!
    Stor klem fra Hilde ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glemte helt ......;-)
    Hipp hurra for Emilie !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! Takk for kommentar Hilde. Må kanskje få noen tips fra deg neste gang vi sees! ;) Klem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emilie is beautiful! I can't believe how much she is growing! She's looking all grown-up... well, almost. Can't wait to see you all this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, Crystal! It's scary how grown up she's getting!

    ReplyDelete